Shimura Curves

Monday, October 31, 2005

Hi! My Name Is...

I really ought to introduce myself.

1. FIRST NAME?
Marianna

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
The story: my mum's two best friends were called Carolina and Marianne. When she had my sister and I she named us Caroline and Marianna.

3. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Always. But I don't always need stars to make wishes.

4. WHICH FINGER IS YOUR FAVOURITE?
That's like asking me to pick my favourite child!

5. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Last Saturday afternoon. I was hysterical.

6. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
My handwriting is rather lovely, to be honest. Which is useful for penning long letters to my Australian girlfriends.

7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT?
Aww man, nothing beats chomping away at a big fat polony.

8. ANY BAD HABITS?
I'm lazy.

9. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
I'm not embarrassed by any of the music I own. So shutup, you haters.

10. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
OMG, we would be the bestest of friends ever!

11. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
If I swore I wouldn't, I won't.

12. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Yes. But so much else matters more.

13. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
By swearing like a trucker.

14. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
Australia

15. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
I'm really quite wary of most people.

16. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Favourite toy: Catra (from the She-ra, Princess of Power series). But as I child I really spent most of my time riding my horse, George.

17. WHAT CLASS IN SCHOOL DO YOU THINK IS TOTALLY USELESS?
No class in school is totally useless. You can (and generally need) to learn something from all subjects.

18. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
Not a journal as such, but I have a load of notebooks that I fill up with anecdotes, lists, dreams, pictures, planned events and crush lists.

19. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Yes.

20. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Yeah, I was in the crush during The Prodigy's set at Perth's Big Day Out. I can't say I enjoyed it, but it was an experience I thought I should have.

21. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
A good heart.

22. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Yana. Mari. Miss Longmire.

23. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Probably.

24. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I mostly wear heels or flats (no shoelaces), so no. If I've been out running in sneakers, then also no as I have a tendency to kick them off afterwards before I collapse onto my bed.

25. DO YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE STRONG POINTS?
I know that I have strong points.

26. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR?
Oh lordy. I LOVE all ice cream. Top 5 faves: Cherry Garcia, Chunky Monkey, Mint Chocolate Chip, Coconut, Pistachio.

28. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE COLOURS?
Red!

29. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
Four.

30. WHO DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
Ellie Henderson and Rob Bolton.

31. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
It's not a demand, but it would be nice.

33. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Roasted marshmallows.

34. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My mum.

35. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN A GUY/GIRL?

Posture. Eyes. Smile.

36. DO YOU LOVE THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS?
I'm totally in awe of her.

37. HOW ARE YOU TODAY?
Very indecisive.

38. FAVOURITE DRINK?
A tie between pina coladas, and peanut butter and banana milkshakes.

40. Favourite sport?
Swimming. Dressage. Showjumping. Fencing. Archery.

42. EYE COLOUR?
Blue.

43. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes.

44. SIBLINGS?
Two: one sister, Caroline (lives in Toronto, Canada); one brother, Stuart (just fled Menton, France to Perth, Australia).

45. FAVOURITE MONTH?
This year? The first three weeks of June. Then it all went to hell.

46. FAVOURITE FOOD?
All Thai food, sushi, ice cream, avocados, meat pies, my mum's koonac satay, zucchini pie, fried chicken from Perfect Chicken in Archway, all stone fruits, fresh sourdough bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, roast lamb, roasted veggies, pumpkin scones, goats cheese...

47. LAST SHOW YOU WATCHED?
Curb Your Enthusiasm

48. FAVOURITE DAY OF THE YEAR?

Any day that's filled with sunshine, laughter and love. So what if it's soppy?!

49. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
No.

50. SUMMER OR WINTER?
I love all seasons (though I wish the English winters wouldn't drag on for quite so long), but I do prefer summer. Absolutely.

51. HUGS OR KISSES?
Both. I love, love, love, love kissing, but you can't beat a really good, strong, lingering, hug.

52. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationships. The sex is ALWAYS better.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

Hurrah! Welcome to the newest Shimura!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home