Shimura Curves

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pyjama Party

Woke up, did a bit of a cry, then thought "Actually, thank fuck we're putting out the single. At least now I have something to look forward to."

Wasted too much of my life trying to impress rubbish boys who don't actually care, sick of this script, want another one. I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille.

Sat up all night with AMP getting drunk and talking about the rubbishness of boys, and this morning woke up and lay in bed talking about music and Riot Grrrl and everything we wanted to accomplish - she's writing a book (!!!!!) and songs are leaping into my head, time to work on an album. I'm the Candle, and she's the Camera, and together we are Art.

And I wanted to hate it, wanted to think it was crap, but the Tom Yum Fun track (Sorry, I know that's not what they're called, but I was doing a drunk and it was funny) is actually really good. Lots of tinkling glockenspiels and atmospheric Duran Duran whooosh synth noises and steel drums and blokey singing like Magnetic Fields minus the adenoids. OK, it would be better if we did Squeeze style "coooooool for cats" harmonies in the background, but we won't tell him that. This is exciting. Now we have to decide what colour to make it.

3 Comments:

At 8:44 AM GMT, Blogger Andrew Farrell said...

Hooray for all of this!

 
At 10:08 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Is the Most Whingy Blog i've Ever Read. Geez.

 
At 9:23 AM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

No one's forcing you to read it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home