Shimura Curves

Monday, May 08, 2006

Oh Yeah, The Band

Sorry, I've been blogging the pain away all week, going on and on about that boy* at great length that I haven't written a thing about my own band recently.

Rehearsal was at my house this week. Which was good, because it meant that I got to do a dress rehearsal with pedals and all. Anna (I think?) said that she forgot how different we sounded with electric guitars - yeah, there's always been a spacerock element to our music**.

We ran through our set twice - including new song! Hopefully we should have PWNED ready for HDIF on Thursday, with mad Shampoo harmonies and kickboxing and all. Then we had yummy curry and drank a couple of bottles of pink wine, and ran through the set again - Emsk, our manager, says that we are actually better after we've had a glass of wine. We get FANTASTIC by the start of the second glass, then there's a steady downward slope. From the dead bottle count the next morning, we drank at least 5 and two half bottles of wine***, so I fear what we may have sounded like by the end.

I'm kinda excited about the gig now. Just have to remember to hit the pedals in the right places, and manage to sing the Noyfriend harmony and play the new Noyfriend riff at the same time. Yeah.


*No, not that boy, the other boy. As in, well, That Boy. Or... erm, actually, even I'm confused at this point. Where's my meds?

**Anna has been teasing me that I am just like The Lex, and redefine any music that I like as Spacerock and/or Dronerock. This is because while at Ed's house at the weekend, he put on some Hawkwind. Now it was a quite folky, hippyish song (Carry On Sundown) but still - it is Spacerock because, well, Hawkwind *invented* Spacerock! Humph!

***Anna got so drunk so couldn't stand up, and actually *fell* into my bathtub.

8 Comments:

At 3:11 PM GMT, Blogger Anna said...

I'd forgotten about that. Oh dear.

 
At 3:16 PM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

I am actually very glad we didn't go to Caesar's or the White Lion!

 
At 3:25 PM GMT, Blogger Anna said...

I'd forgotten that too.

 
At 3:35 PM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

Do you remember anything about the evening?

Except getting bootietexted?

 
At 7:02 AM GMT, Blogger AMP said...

"Geez' - jealous much, anonymous?

 
At 10:54 AM GMT, Blogger The Outer Church said...

Does Geez mean 'Jesus' or 'Geezer'? Jesus was a bit of a geezer admittedly, but then so was Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath, although he patently wasn't Jesus.

 
At 11:09 AM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

I would much rather swear on Black Sabbath than on Jesus, actually. I'm finished with Jesus because he couldn't help me with my mind.

 
At 6:59 PM GMT, Blogger The Outer Church said...

Geez!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home