Shimura Curves

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bernard Sumner - What *Was* He On About?

I've been listening to a lot of New Order lately. God, I love New Order. I love them so much, that when I was younger, I came up with an entire drug-fuelled religion based around Barney's lyrics.

These days, they sound so obtuse that I can't figure out if they're profound or meaningless.



What do I get out of this, I always try, I always miss
In the end you will submit, it's got to hurt you... a little bit





More wonderfullness...

Up down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground
Tonight I think I'll walk alone, I'll find myself as I go home

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blimey - he looks a lot older than that now.

It must have been about 9 or 10 years ago I saw him on a documentary about creativity and prozac.

 
At 3:05 PM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

That's a really early photo, just after the formation of New Order, I think, so of course he's young looking.

I heard about the creativity and prozac programme, though I never saw it. Didn't he start raving and enthusing about how great prozac was, until he realised that it was f*cking with his creativity bigtime, and then hated it?

(That said, Lithium was almost totally responsible for the whole "Barneywaves" religion thing.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home