Shimura Curves

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Call Me Ms. Information

It's my lunchtime before anyone blasts me for playing on the interweb while I'm at work!

I need to take a break and rest my brain because it's getting very full. So much to learn. I'm trying to get a handle on how the Old System worked, even though the New System is going live in two weeks. So I've got to learn the entire Spying business in that time. Well, no, I don't have to learn the Spying Business as a whole, thank f*ck - I just have to learn which Spies we have in the field, what they do and where they do it, and process the Information that they bring back.

This is what I like about MIS. You deal in Information, all day long. (You won't get it! By hook or by crook, we WILL...) It doesn't matter what the information is, Spying or dyslexic children, the reports have to do the same thing. And the moment you hear certain words (Clawbacks! oh no!) you know they will be trouble.

We've changed our rehearsal date for this week. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever rehearse again. Just as well I cleared the decks of Any Social Life Whatsoever this week.

I'm just slightly worried because it's my first day and I'm not Completely Lost. Which generally means that I haven't actually grasped the size of the problem. Maybe this is because my brain has learned to deal with jobs as concepts, and I have already grasped the Concept, but it's going to take me a while to actually slot in which bits go where. Where the reports come from, and where they go. Many of them seem to be automated, which scares me a bit, as I'm used to being a bit more hands on. But if it's a better, faster, easier way of doing it, I'm perfectly prepared to learn.

Besides, all of this will change in two weeks. Wow.

Right, I need to go and look over my notes.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM GMT, Blogger Jo Hollister said...

Hello hello.
work........
so, what is it that you do?
me not understand good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home