Shimura Curves

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Legacy

I'm sorry that all of my posts lately are about my job. It's quite a novelty for me to actually have a regular one. (Does something you've only been doing for two days actually count as regular? I suppose it does if you've got it in your head that you'll be doing it for the Rest Of Your Life.)

Today I've been teaching myself Oracle. Words I never thought I would hear. It's unbelievably difficult. Not because Oracle or programming or TOAD (my code compiler/schema representah) is difficult, but because I have no idea what I'm doing, and it's like trying to back engineer technology in another language. Which, I suppose, it is.

I guess, rather than overwhelmed, I should feel proud that I've got this far with no technical support, no handover notes, no manual and only the Financial Dept staff to give me clues about what everything is supposed to do.

Tomorrow I go back to being a Pop Star. Maybe. I haven't even written "The Grain Of Sand In Lambeth (That Satan Cannot Find)" and I feel like a fraud.

280 END REBUILD_SHATTERED_EGO;
281 --
282 END Shattered_Ego_Pkg;
283 /* Thank you, goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home