Shimura Curves

Monday, March 20, 2006

Ah Yes, The Tesseract



We found this on Anna's coffee table when we went to rehearse on Saturday afternoon. (Well, the tesseract bit, at least. Marianna cleverly made the bamboo logo.)

A tesseract (three dimensional shadow of a four dimensional cube) made from bamboo skewers and blueberries.

Also, we drank loads of pink wine (funny how, after you give up for a while, you can get drunk on a glass and a half) and watched Starshaped, arguing over who the hottest member of Blur was, then progressed on to The Mighty Boosh and Black Books. I'm now completely in love with Bernard Black (Dylan Moran) from Black Books. I mean, yes, he is like the bookish, intellectual equivalent of Pete Doherty, but still. He is undeniably hott. Also, I am going to start following his customer service policy in my own job.

Oh, and speaking of HOTT boys, in the midst of this, I somehow managed to find my way up to Archway to show the Luxemboys the artwork I'd done for their fantastic upcoming single (We Only Stayed Together For The Kids). They loved it, and asked me to do some artwork for their album. Hurrah!

10 Comments:

At 5:25 PM GMT, Blogger Dr Wommm said...

Higher dimensional drunken matchstick sculpturing? Nice. Another reason to add to my list of reasons the Shimuras kick arse.

Have you seen Dylan Moran's stand up stuff? It's fucking ace, he just stands there drinking getting more and more misanthropic until the entire audience has either left or pissed themselves. Or both. Genius. His customer service technique in BB is pretty much the same one I used to use when I was "working" for HMV...

I too have a BB crush. Fran (Tamsin Greig) rules. Possibly because somebody who is A. never without a bottle of good red, B. far too clever for their own good and C. completely irresponsible is pretty much my perfect match.

 
At 5:29 PM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

I wish we could claim responsibility for the blueberry tesseract, but alas, we can't. It was on the table when we got there, from Anna's architecture student housemate's pissing about.

However, Anna was all "grrr, I'm sorry about the rubbish on the table" when I exclaimed "NO!!! WE MUST PRESERVE IT, DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS?!?!?" and explained about the tesseract. I like to think about tesseracts while I brush my teeth.

Sigh. Bernard Black is my dream man, clearly. I've never seen his standup, but I would probably be too tempted to nick his booze.

God, I love booze. Remind me again why I gave it up?

 
At 5:47 PM GMT, Blogger Dr Wommm said...

Blueberry Tesseract! Pudding with extra dimensions!! I want one now!!!

As for the giving up booze thing, I'm probably the wrong person to ask...

 
At 6:53 PM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

How about a Moebius Swiss Roll instead?

Where do you start eating it from? Oh no!

 
At 8:55 PM GMT, Blogger Dr Wommm said...

The middle!

Can I have mine served in a Klein Bowl?

 
At 11:31 AM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

Followed by a Menger Sponge Cake!

It has infinite surface area and no volume, so therefore it has not calories - right?

 
At 12:01 PM GMT, Blogger Dr Wommm said...

I want a chocolate fudge Serpinski sponge scattered with sugary Cantor Dust...

 
At 7:47 PM GMT, Blogger Dr Wommm said...

You have to be careful of the imaginary calories though

 
At 2:54 PM GMT, Blogger AMP said...

who says geeks don't know how to party

 
At 9:22 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture would be really good as a CD cover, I think. I believe it would pause me for a bit when randomly browsing, which doesn't happen all that often.

OleM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home