Shimura Curves

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Another Pointless Survey

1. Of all the bands & artists in your collection, which one do you own the most cd's by?
Errrr... probably Spacemen 3. Coincided with both my completist phase and my most gainful employment.

2. What was the last song you listened to?
"Up The Ladder To The Roof" - The Supremes. Oh lord, that wah takes me closer to heaven...

3. What's in your CD player right now?
September 000 by Secret Machines, I think...

4. What is your favourite instrument?
Laptop

5. Who's your favourite local band?
How local is local? Fave London band probably Luxembourgh

6. What was the last concert you attended?
Spiers and Boden at the Spitz

7. What was the greatest concert you've ever been to?
Oh, blimey... what you want me to pick just one? Argh! The Dandy Warhols supporting Blur at Roseland was pretty darn special.

8. What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?
Top three worst bands I've ever seen:
3. God Is My Co-Pilot - unlistenable art-skronk SHITE
2. She Only Drinks In Manchester - why are you affecting those awful fake English accents and crap baggy beats when you are from TEXAS?!?!?
1. The Strokes - the only band I've ever walked out on twice, on both sides of the Atlantic

9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
Eh? I try to separate the two things, because to be honest, most musicians are unbearable pricks.

10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
What on earth do these questions mean? Musical high point of my "career" was probably supporting The Bangles at Manchester Academy and Shepherd's Bush Empire

11. What show are you looking forward to?
Truck Festival, because we're playing, ha ha ha

12. What is your favourite band shirt?
Hrrrrrmmm. Possibly the Stooges Funhouse at the Apollo shirt that was personally give to me by Ron Asheton as a thank you for mailing him some... uh... contraband he didn't want to take through American customs.

13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Professor Sonic Boom and his amazing collection of wubulators. OK, I'm so in awe of him I can never actually speak to him in person, but he's just like a kid in a candy shop with vintage synths and things.

14. What musician would you like to be in love with you for a day?
Duh, Benjamin Curtis, but please can it be more than one day?

15. What was your last musical "phase" before you wizened up?
I don't think I've "wizened" up. I'm still spry. I still go through phases, though they modulate kind of like a sine wave between cheesy pop and nasty drone/psych.

16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
Sabbath.

17. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music nerd?
Am I supposed to have a problem with that?

18. What was the greatest decade for music?
All of them.

19. What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
Repo Man - totally seminal punk classic.

20. What would you be without music?
Dead. No, quite literally. My life was saved by rock'n'roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home