Shimura Curves

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Laptop Love

I took Percy to the Apple Store Genius Bar yesterday. His optical drive has been broken for months, but I've not had to the time (or the money) to get it fixed, so he's been limping along in his own self contained world, unable to connect to the internet or send missives to other computers by disc.

(Not to mention the fact that I've been unable to make demos for months, or teach the new songs to the rest of the band.)

He's got to stay in hospital the shop for a week. One day without him, and I'm already feeling lost. I don't know what to do with myself. Life seems empty without that warm little hunk of titanium sitting on my lap at night. No music. No writing. Is it wrong to be so emotionally connected to an inanimate object? It's not as if he's my connection with the world anymore, since he hasn't been connecting with the world. He's more like my connection with my inner self, with my creativity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home