Shimura Curves

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Band Of Pirates

Arrrrrrrrrrr... it's catching on. The rest of the band have started doing this, too, which is a bit worrying.

Last night, I felt like a human being for the first time in ages. Relaxing, enjoying myself, just having fun with friends. We also happened to sound particularly good - or maybe it was just the drink. (And what wonderful drink it was - we drank the cornershop out of this lovely Italian rose with an art nouveau lady on the front.)

We met up with our manager officially for the first time. We gossipped about Ladyfest, and tried to figure out which Sex & The City girl each of us was. Waaaaah, I've become a Miranda. I so used to be a Samantha once upon a time. That seems like another person, it was such a lifetime ago. We started talking about threesomes. Everyone's done the two girls, one guy thing, blah blah blase. But two guys and one girl? Irony being, been there done that (god, I hope my mum doesn't read my blog) got the t-shirt lost it at the laundrette. Like most kinky things, the fantasty is invariably better than the reality. Which usually involves too many genitals and not enough attention. Sex is not an easy thing to multi-task at.

Errr... anyway. Emma (our manager, woo!) reckons I should go to Norway because the boys there are so pretty and so friendly. I think we would all very much like to go and play gigs in Norway. Groupies, sex, dancing boys, pink wine, posh tights on the rider, these are the things we demand.

I looked through AMP's copy of The Artists Way. I've always been suspicious of that book, wondering if following it would actually change my creativity. I've only ever been blocked very rarely. I suppose the confidence to *do* something with the things that I've created is my problem. I can't do it unless I have other people around me - like somehow their contributions makes The Thing. I'm just some kind of facilitator who writes down doggerel or something. Who knows. I'm annoyed lately because I'm not blocked at all - songs still force themselves into my head, rhymes, melodies, harmonies and arrangements I can hear in my head. I just don't have the time to write them down any more.

Typical!

Anyway. I am happy today, despite the hangover and the lack of sleep or brushed teeth. It's been a while since I felt this way. And I'd like to stay here.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM GMT, Blogger AMP said...

I'd just like to point out that last night's rehearsal has been dutifully Flickr'd at the following location:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ampnet/sets/771793/

Please to be checking it out immediately.

 
At 12:38 PM GMT, Blogger Catty said...

arrrr!
a propos of nothing, this week's TIME OOT has an article about Lost Rivers.
you probably know this because you probably wrote it.

 
At 12:44 PM GMT, Blogger Catty said...

AND it's on page 22!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home