Shimura Curves

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Blank

Not much to say recently, really. The world seems like a tense and adversarial hellhole lately. Even my online time is wasted being bated by trolls and bullies. Why do I let it get to me? I mean, honestly, what have I really got to fear from some bitter old man whose only pleasure is derived from making others as unhappy as he makes himself?

Because it's a way of personalising and crystallising the fear and the tension around me. Even the interweb - especially the interweb - is not safe.

For the first few weeks, I slipped into fantasy. Captain Anderson, the Napoleonic Wars (recognising the danger was so much simpler then - The French!) and Regency Manners. Even that grows harder now, that clicking off and clicking out of the real world is not so easy. I feel preoccupied all the time, have trouble even concentrating on a book.

Singing is the only time it ever really shuts down. And we will be singing tomorrow - it's been a long time, and I am looking forward to it.

Until then, here's another photo of Jared Harris, not as Captain Anderson, but still in a nautical hammock. Giga-ROWR.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

My sentiments exactly, my lovely namesake! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home