Shimura Curves

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Edge of Chaos

There was a documentary last night on the BBC about baby elephants! Specifically a reserve in Africa where people look after orphaned baby elephants. It was just about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. (Apart from the 9 year old pooh sticks shark at Morden Hall, but that's another story.)

My job is settling down to a chaotic pattern of sorts. The hours remain long and the tasks remain difficult, but at least it's challenging and I'm not bored. They even let me out early yesterday to go to my shrink. The shrinkage seems to be working in some small way, as I've managed to stop two major potential outbursts of rage before they had a chance to form. At work, at least. My personal life, at least, I'm kind of avoiding.

This is where I have a good angsty moan... I'm just feeling a bit isolated and abandonned. Before I had a Proper Job, I used to spend a lot of time and effort chasing and rounding up my friends and organising activities for us to do. I just don't have the time and energy to do this at the moment. However, you really can tell who your Real Friends are, blah blah blah. Your Real Friends are the ones who, when you are busy and stop organising, will take up the slack and come after you.

So I'm extremely grateful to my friends for taking the time to email/text/call/drag me out to the pub.

I'm getting The Fear about the gig on Sunday, that no one will be there. Anna has to work at T In The Park, so we will be one woman down. My Lollies/IRL friends are going to Chopper and Sande's wedding. (Bless, I wish I could be there.) ILX friends, I fear, will be burned out from 3 solid days of RUIN topped off by Trig Brother. (Why did I say I would play?) There will be no one there but Ned. Ah well, it will be a special private show for Ned, then.

Anyway, as usual, my lunch hour was too short and someone wants something (despite the fact I'm not even on the new network yet)... argh.

Rehearsal tonight, though. Should be fun.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 AM GMT, Blogger Catty said...

I'm hoping to go, depending on what time you go on. I'm working that night so it's the middle of the night for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home