Shimura Curves

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Problems with Percy, Continued

My laptop is still in the shop. Apparently they managed to fix the optical drive, but in the process broke the logic card (whatever that is). I was all wound up to throw a strop and demand him back, fixed or not, but the shop girl was so young I felt too sorry for her to get a good strop on.

Will he ever come back to me? Can anything go right in my life right now? (Wah! Commence violin music.)

She promised me he would be fixed by tonight. If he isn't, I'm going to camp out on Regent Street until I get him back.

The private party on Sunday has been cancelled, due to a double booking error the club made. I'm actually slightly relieved at the thought of not having to play 2 gigs in 3 days. Plus, I still have the days off work anyway. I was contemplating running away to Paris for the weekend, but in the end Sense won over Sensibility. (Besides, I thought Paris would be rubbish when you're on your own.) I'm organising an Urban Ramble from Greenwich to Canary Wharf instead. Still a City of Light, though not as romantic, perhaps.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

Finally got it back last night! Hurrah! They waived the labour charge because it took so long - turned out the "logic board problem" was that the speakers didn't work. They never have! D'oh!

Anyway, I'm very pleased to have him back. I actually kissed him (though not in the shop, that would have been sad).

Houseboat? In Canary Wharf? Excellent! You know you can rent them for a weekend, right? Do you want to do that while you're here? Or would it be too cold in November for boating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home