Shimura Curves

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Go Down On You, Shall I?

Ha ha, yes! I actually made Miss AMP blush like a little schoolgirl.

It was the lyrics to Sticky and Brown that did it. The irony of the song is, that it really actually is about chocolate. But it's one of those double/triple entendre that seems to bring out everyone's particular vice when they hear it. One friend I showed the lyrics to said "Ohmigod, that's about heroin!" Miss AMP was reduced to a gibbering Mary Whitehouse because she thought it was about rimming. The irony being, I haven't taken drugs in a decade, I haven't had sex in so long I can't even remember what a perinneum even looks like, and my worst vice is Green and Blacks.

One of my favourite bands of all time is the Jesus and Mary Chain. I loved the way they took the innocent childlike candy references of the Archies and Bubblegum and turned them into filthy paens to sex, drugs, and god knows what worse. So I thought I'd do some of that, hooked up to a big bootie bassline.

Rehearsal was great. We mulled some wine and started arranging the new songs. Noyfriend is coming along great, I Capture The Castle has become insanely catchy with Sugababes freestyle harmonies and The Way now has new lyrics about pwning boys at videogames and other techie stuff.

Oh, and Marianna and I came up with the most decadent culinary concept of all time - mulled wine chocolate cake. Now *that* is a vice worth writing songs about.

3 Comments:

At 12:52 PM GMT, Blogger AMP said...

That song is definitely about salad tossing, and you are a rude rude rude girl. As for Lex wanting to eat that cake... oh my.

 
At 1:58 PM GMT, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

AMP, you can hear what you like, but as author of the song, I know it was written about chocolate. But that's what's great about it - it's so ambiguous that anyone who listens to it is going to hear their *own* vices writ large. Ha-HEM.

Ohmigod, I think it's time for some experimentalist cookery to make that cake. Mulled wine mixed in with the cake mix (plus, of course, subsituting brandy butter for normal butter), plus cherry jam mixed with mulled wine in the middle, brandy butter and mulled wine icing, with a drizzle over the top of melted Maya Gold chocolate mixed with more mulled wine.

And then the whole thing gets served with mulled wine. Oh yes.

 
At 3:26 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could use eggnog as a binding agent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home